Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bryton is coming home tomorrow!!!!

It's a done deal! No ifs, ands, or butts about it. The medical equipment should be here sometime after 12 tomorrow afternoon, and as soon as we know how to use it we can finally take our baby home!!! When we leave here we will go back over to the Ronald McDonald house and spend one more night there to make sure that we have everything together and ready to go and we will get one more night to just rest. Then Saturday morning we will finally close this chapter of our lives, and we will go home with our son. What an amazing journey this has been. We have been living this way for 9 months now and it is just so incredible to see the light at the end of this crazy tunnel. I just really hope that you all know how much we have really appreciated all of the love, support, kind words, hugs and awesome baby stuff. I really can't imagine making this journey without you all. We have just been so incredibly blessed in so many ways. I am having a hard time finding the words to express all of the emotions running through me right now. This is our life story. How did we get to be the lucky ones? I cannot tell you how many tragic, heart breaking stories we have come across in our time here and I just don't know how to be. We have been so humbled, but at the same time I have never felt happiness like this before. It's amazing. And you all have been so incredible. Thank you so much for making this experience bearable. Thank you.

4 comments:

cjfry said...

Rocky & Jeremy - The Lord has blessed you !!! As I read this I have tears streaming down my face. Tears of happiness and tears that you will be far away (at least for me). I just can't make the trip to NYC due to my difficulty walking, using the subway - I really hope as the weather gets nicer, you guys will come to Milford and keep in touch with us. What a wonderful load off your shoulders - you both have done a "lot of growing up", maybe before you wanted to - but Bryton has brought you this far in your journey of life since last April. My prayers go with you and a piece of my heart also. Please make sure you keep every doctor appt. with Bryton - he is just such precious cargo !!! Remember as you 3 are in your studio - Bryton may at times have a restless night or two, especially teething, BE PATIENT WITH HIM - THERE IS NOWHERE TO HIDE AND HE MAY INTERUPT YOU SLEEP - but remember he has made a long journey and as I have said before - each of us is wonderfully made of the Lord, He had plans for each of us - don't forget that He has walked beside you three - and when you were and are tired, He is there to pick you up and carry your burden. Give your heart and love to Jesus - we owe Him all our thanks - He gave wisdom to the Dr. and Nurses about caring for Bryton, He will give you wisdom in your path of life. Know that I am praying for all of you and especially Bryton, your precious son. Love, Aunt Connie

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you as you take this big step of moving away from the hospital, up to NY and most importantly, into a home for three!!! Bryton is an amazing little guy and you two are incredible parents. Enjoy this very special time with each other, -Anne

Abuelita said...

I am so happy that Bryton is healthy, happy and with his parents. Prayers do work!!! I'm sorry I didn't get to see you before you left. We don't get to DE as often anymore; no money for gas. I also had my phone suspended for awhile so I can't text you. If you do get to Milford someday, let me know; maybe we can meet along the way.

The LORD has blessed you greatly. You have one of the most gorgeous babies in the world! God wants all of you for Himself, so please listen. It is well worth the adventure.

The boys say hello and always ask about Bryton. Maybe we can keep touch by computer.

Love you, Cynthia

Aaron Knight said...

hey rob and rocky its me Aaron great to that the baby is doing very good just want to say hi hope to see you guys